Refractive Index is one of the most important optical parameters used to identify and authenticate polished precious and semi-precious gemstones. This Gemological refractometer is a low cost, lightweight measuring instrument used by jewellers and traders of gemstones to measure polished stones over a refractive index range of 1.30 to 1.81 RI. The instrument can also be used to identify whether a particular stone is Isotropic or Anistropic (uniaxial or biaxial).Features:
1. Can identify singly & doubly gemstones quickly and accurately.
2. Uniquely designed, low battery consumption and portable.
3. Approved by strict quality and safety standards for long and trouble-free life.
4. Guaranteed high quality and accurate testing results.
Type: Gem Refractometer
Measuring Range: 1.30-1.81 RAccuracy: ±0.002
Main Color: Black
Weight: About 330g
Size: 11 * 3 * 6cm
1 x Gem Refractometer3 x Button Cell1 x Oil1 x English ManualOperating Information:
1. Open the upper cover then wash the gem and prism with alcohol.
2. Lay the instrument on the worktable. Drop a little bit of special refractive oil onto the surface of prism and press it by a thin glass bar. (Be sure not too much or too little)
3. Make sure the ground surface of gem to be measured is close to the prism, press it again lightly, let the refractive oil be evenly distributed between the two surfaces then close the upper cover.
4. Press the light momentary switch, make sure that the internal light source is turned on when testing.
5. Move the eyepiece up and down and adjust the diopter accordingly. By this time you can see a light/dark boundary in the viewing field. The gradation (shade) on which the boundary located is called the refractive index of gem.
1. Please understand the product might have some colour difference due to different monitors and scenes.
2. Please allow slight deviation for the measurement data.
Ready to ship in 1-3 business days
SHIPS FROM: The United States (Unless Otherwise Stated)
FREE Shipping - The United States Only
DELIVERY: 4 Working Days
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Thanks for shopping at Section H™ wStore.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we’re here to help.
You may return a defective product up to 14 days after you receive it. NO REFUNDS WILL BE AUTHORIZED AFTER 14 DAYS. You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA#) which is good for 14 days. No returns will be accepted without an RMA#. This policy is strictly enforced.
Closeout Corner area products purchased are “final sales” and can not be returned.
Due to safety reasons, food shall not / will not be returned for any reason. All food sales are final example below:
You may return any unopened Brand New product within 30 days of your product`s shipping date. Shipping and Handling Charges are NOT refundable. Please note that All returns must have an RMA#.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item.
We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
IMPORTANT: All Digital/Downloadable products, eg software, games, gift cards, etc, cannot be returned or refunded. Sales are final on all Digital/Downloadable products.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
A full credit for product is guaranteed only or, if available, a replacement for all defective items.
You may return all defective products (after receiving an RMA#) for credit or exchange within 15 days from the date of shipment. If part of a product is defective, please return the whole product, including all manuals and accessories, in the original packaging. If one of these terms are not met there will be up to a 20% restocking fee. If you choose to return a defective unit for a refund, the shipping and handling charges are non refundable.
Warranty is voided if serial tags, receiving numbers, product stickers, or manufacturer seals have been removed, altered or tampered with. Warranty is voided due to mishandling, improper use, or defacing of the product.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, utilize the Refund/RMA Return feature available in your account.